Unexpected Car Collisions -
When you get into an unexpected car accident it can leave you a bit flustered, so it is important to familiarize yourself with some good ways to handle an accident.
· Upon impact make sure to check yourself for injuries and anyone else involved in the accident. If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road and turn the engine off.
· Call 911 to the scene so they can assess the collision and create an incident report.
· It is also important to exchange information with the other party for example, driver’s name, license plate, insurance information, and any other information you might fight valuable, but do not discuss fault.
· Once information is exchanged it is also a good idea to take pictures of the scene including any damage to the vehicles or injuries to anyone involved.
· Make sure to get in contact with your insurance company to file a claim.
It is also important to contact a personal injury attorney. They might be able to help get you compensation for your vehicle and your injuries. It is beneficial to seek an attorney because the typical insurance company will want to reduce or eliminate what they have to pay to you, while an attorney will protect your rights and get you the right compensation.
Disclaimer: While we always seek to establish accuracy when publishing articles, this piece is not intended to provide legal advice, and should not be used as such. Each individual case will differ and should be discussed with an attorney or legal expert. If you would like to inquire about pursuing a claim, please contact us at (858) 252-0781 or email email@example.com