What is considered a minor accident? If the car could be driven from the scene of the accident, none of the vehicle occupants suffered any injuries as a result of the collision, and if any child car seat(s) or child booster seat(s) have not been damaged.
What To Do If You Are Involved In A Minor Accident:
· Stay at the scene
· STOP immediately but don’t obstruct traffic. Move when it is safe to do so (if on the highway move towards the side of the road away from any traffic)
· Check on all drivers and passengers
· Exchange insurance information from all parties involved
· Obtain names, telephone numbers, and driver’s license numbers of all drivers
· Obtain names, addresses, telephone numbers of other passengers and any witnesses
· Obtain license plate(s)
· Take pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident
Once you have informed your insurance company, the insurance company can suggest an auto body shop to take your vehicle for a property damage estimate.
Disclaimer: While we always seek to establish accuracy when publishing articles, this piece is not intended to provide legal advice, and should not be used as such. Each individual case will differ and should be discussed with an attorney or legal expert. If you would like to inquire about pursuing a claim, please contact us at (858) 252-0781 or email firstname.lastname@example.org